Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm having a problem selling my house because of the neighborhood kids, what can I do?

I'm pretty sure it's the kids, we've had a couple interested buyers and renters, ready to start on paperwork, then we get a call the next day saying they have changed their mind. A few real estate agents have told our agent that the neighborhood kids make the area look sort of grim, they hang out in the parking lot playing basketball and in the neighbor's yards. I've had a few incidences that bothered me, but for the most part I know they are harmless, just children with nothing to do. However, I'm starting to worry, we've dropped the selling price by $10K already, even though we've done at least that in upgrades- which we've gotten a lot of positive feedback on- we've also put it up for rent and dropped the renting price by $100. My impression is that the interested parties drive through the neighborhood around the prime-time when the children are out, usually between 6 and 10, they have a midnight curfew though so sometimes later. We have a HOA but I don't think they have noticed because the majority of the people living on our block are renters, not home owners. We are stationed in Japan right now so we are basically stuck waiting in limbo, our realtors have been working very hard but I'm starting to feel helpless. Is there anything we can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment